The centerpiece of Phase II of The Crimson Standard is a new 258,000-square foot arena. Once complete, Alabama men's and women's basketball and gymnastics will host home games and meets in this venue.
The seating configuration inside this 10,000-plus-seat arena will make it one of the most intimate and intimidating places to compete in the SEC and will include student seating surrounding the court on three sides. A steeper pitch than Coleman Coliseum will bring seats in the bowl much closer to the action. Fans can expect several premium seating amenities such as suites, loge boxes and club spaces, in addition to courtside seating.
- What is the goal of the new arena project?
- The new arena will elevate the game-day experience for fans, students and student-athletes. The design of the arena is projected to bring students and fans closer to the floor creating an intimidating home advantage for our teams. Additionally, the building is a fiscally sound and responsible answer to the need for competition space and first-class game-day experience for our fans. Premium seating opportunities that our fans now expect would be available.
- What will the capacity be for the new arena?
- The current plan includes a seating capacity of over 10,000 fans and was based on the desire to create an intimidating environment for every game.
- What is the timeline for the project?
- With Stage I approval from the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees, we will move as quickly as possible through the process. We hope to be able to provide information regarding seating opportunities in the spring of 2023.
- How can I help support the arena project?
- Fundraising success is critical to this project moving forward. If you are interested in contributing philanthropically to The Crimson Standard, please visit uactf.org/donate to make a gift or contact us to speak to a CTF representative.
- How can I get season tickets in the new arena (men's basketball, women's basketball and/or gymnastics)?
We are early in the planning process and as soon as details are available, we will contact season ticketholders with seating plan information. Seat priority will be determined by Tide Totals priority points and associated rank, which takes into consideration TIDE PRIDE longevity and giving to the Crimson Tide Foundation.
If you are interested in being contacted about premium seating options in the new arena, please contact us. Note that we do not currently have finalized details regarding premium seating opportunities. You will receive follow-up communication once premium seating offerings become available (spring of 2023).
Renderings are conceptual and subject to change. All projects are subject to approval of the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees and dependent upon fundraising success.